Panama City Beach may have been put on the global map for its annual hosting of Spring Break, but did you also know that this gorgeous beach destination actually holds rank as the fourth best leisure destination in all of Florida?
“The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches” has some of the best attractions and things to do in Florida – for any time of the year. From the rivers and forests in the North to the beautiful 27 miles of sandy white beaches to the South, there is something for just about everyone!
Below, we’re listing the most exciting things to do in Panama City Beach (not including Spring Break)… because we want you to discover that there’s more to this wonderful getaway than just parties and college craziness.
- Gulf World Marine Park – Although Gulf World has been around for years now, it\’s still a must do when visiting Panama City Beach. It also serves as an excellent way to enjoy a cool or rainy day. The park offers different shows featuring animals such as dolphins and parrots.
- Shipwreck Island – Shipwreck Island Water Park cannot be missed when visiting Panama City Beach. The park features all the best rides and slides while treating their guests to great quality food and service.
- Sailing Excursions – Panama City Beach offers sailing excursions on the Grand Lagoon that feature dolphin watching and entertainment cruises. Kick back and relax while the salty sea air blows and the island themed music plays in the background.
- Dolphin Tours – There are plenty of companies to take a dolphin cruise with in Panama City Beach. Although each tour company is a little different, seeing the dolphins swim and play is priceless. Don\’t forget to bring your camera!
- Parasailing – Parasailing tours are the hottest thing to come to Panama City Beach. Although the activity has been around for 20 years, it\’s still one of the most exciting things to do and it’s become the signature beach activity. Fly over the Panama City Beach skyline to heights exceeding 800ft. and see Panama City Beach as a bird would.
- Paddleboard Tours – Paddleboarding is one of the fastest growing sports on the Gulf Coast. Guided tours are available at several places around the area including the popular Cypress Springs in North Bay County.
- Fishing Charters – Panama City Beach is home to several charter fishing boats. Book a fishing charter for a small group or go alone on one of the many party fishing boats available.
- Helicopter Tours – Those that are not ready for parasailing can settle for a ride in a helicopter. Panhandle helicopter tours are exciting and offer several different tours to choose from starting from just $40.
- Snorkeling and Deep Sea Diving – The Gulf waters are so pristine that snorkeling is a must do when visiting Panama City Beach. Take one of several tour boats available and gear up for a day of adventure and exploration. Tour boats will typically include snorkel gear so don\’t worry about buying it. We’ll bet you didn’t know that Panama City Beach is also referred to as the ‘wreck capital of the south’. We invite you to discover why…
- Swimming with Dolphins at Shell Island – Although it is illegal to touch a dolphin in the wild, it is perfectly okay to swim and observe from a safe distance. At Shell Island, there are some friendly pods of dolphins that make their way near groups of swimmers. This experience is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that highlights the beauty of the marine wildlife on the Gulf Coast.
For More information about Panama City Beach, including Where to Stay, Where to Eat, and Where to Have Fun, please visit www.bookpanamacitybeach.com often and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for daily updates.